Glitter Tattoo Stencil
This is a package of five (5) vinyl stencil designed specifically for the application of glitter tattoos. These are three-part stencils that consist of a layer of clear application tape, a vinyl stencil, and a paper backing.
The base size of the stencil is a 2in x 2in (~5cm x 5cm) square; the stencil shown is proportionally correct to the base. In some cases, we place the stencil at an angle to allow for the largest size possible when appropriate.
These single-use stencils are made from commercial grade, 3mil thick, self-adhesive soft vinyl. Its skin-friendly, water-based adhesive back provides the right balance between staying put as you apply Body Glue while not irritating sensitive skin when removing. The application tape allows you to apply the stencil to the skin and easily peel away, leaving the vinyl stencil in place.
Though not required, we do recommend using our Glitterverse Body Glue product for applying glitter. It has been designed and tested specifically for glitter tattoos. We also carry a line of glue applicators and glitter application bottles to meet your needs!
- Pick a place to apply the tattoo and be mindful of sensitive areas or places with hair. (We don’t recommend placing stencils on faces because of the risk of getting loose glitter into someone’s eyes.)
- Prep the skin where you want to apply the stencil by wiping a small amount of rubbing alcohol with a cotton wipe to remove dirt and oils. Allow the area to dry before applying the stencil.
- Remove the paper backing from stencil.
- Lay the stencil on the skin. It’s ok to peel it off to adjust the placement.
- Use your palm to rub the stencil flat so that all the vinyl parts stick and there are no creases or bubbles.
- Remove the application tape (top layer) by slowly pulling one corner and all the vinyl artwork remains. Pulling at sharp angles helps separate the tape from the vinyl cleanly.
- With an applicator, spread a thin, even layer of Body Glue to the exposed areas, making sure to get the corners.
- Allow the glue to dry for 10-30 seconds (it’s ok to blow on it). It will stay tacky well after it has completely dried.
- APPLY GLITTER! Use different colors, be creative! Ensure that there is no exposed glue.
- Pat down and brush off excess glitter. Remove stencil and don’t forget about the small parts that may be left behind.
- Take a picture and post it to your social media page so everyone can see what an awesome artist you are.
- Remind the now tattoo’d person to thank you!
- Repeat as needed.